Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mom and Son Doctor Day

We have had a busy week. Doctor and dentist appointments and baby showers. It seemed we never stopped this week.

On Thursday, both Brody and I had dr. appointments. My apt. was in the morning and it was my first one for this pregnancy. I have felt like this pregnancy is not quite reality yet, so I was pretty excited to go and hear the baby's heartbeat. I have to say, this pregnancy is pretty similar to the first one. I am more nauseated, but just like with Brody, I have only thrown up one time. A major difference is that with Brody I had heartburn before I even realized I was pregnant, and I have only had it a few times with this one. At the doctors it was the usual first appointment. They made me pee in a cup, I had my blood drawn, and got all my woman parts examined (yuck. I don't think I'll ever get used to that!) and then got ready to hear the baby's heartbeat. While they were putting the doppler thing on me Brody got really concerned that they were hurting me and he said, "Ow!" a couple times until I said it wasn't an ow. For one reason or another they couldn't find the heartbeat. I have felt so apprehensive with this pregnancy so it made me panic a little. When the nurse practioner came in she said she would send me for an ultrasound normally, but the tech was gone this week. Of course, that is my luck, but the good thing was she could bring in a small handheld ultrasound machine. With Brody we only got one ultrasound so we were excited to see this baby. It took only about 2 seconds when we saw the baby moving arms and legs all over the place! Even though they didn't get heartones, this little one was moving and it put me at ease. I was told I am 12 weeks along, baby looked good, and my due date is September 8th.
Brody's appointment that afternoon was much shorter, and less stressful than mine. It was just his 18 month wellness check-up. I know, can you believe we have an 18 month old? He is such a big boy! I love these check-ups even if they usually are accompanied with shots because I like to see how much he has progressed. As of Thursday Brody weighs 27 lbs 2 oz which puts him in just the 63rd percentile, and he is 32.5 inches tall making him in the 53rd percentile, and his head, well its big! He has evened out quite a bit on the growth curve, but he seems so big to me! The doctor once again said he is exactly where he should be, if not ahead, as far as his development goes. When he got his shot he only was sad for a minute and shook his head and said, "no..." but once he got a bandaid (his current obsession) he was okay. He also got a sticker that he had us put on his face (another favorite thing to do). He amazes us with how much information he soaks in. His talking has remained limited to only about 4 words until he woke up on Valentines and began saying all sorts of other things and continues to say more each day.

So this week we say adios to my first trimester (yay, can't wait to start feeling good) and Brody being a baby as he seems to grow more and more into a toddler.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the age when a bandaid can fix anything : )

We are only 5 days apart on our due dates...YAY!!!

Clint and Tiffany said...

Hoorah for a wiggly baby! MAN I miss those doc apps! I think getting the ultrasounds were my favorite part of being prego... ok I loved my big belly too, and feeling her move, and... ok I loved most of it. :O) Crazy that Brody is so big already! It seems like you just had him. But, Maelee K is 8 1/2 months old and trying to walk so I guess Brody has to be all grown up too eh? I'm still waiting for a post with tons of house pics...? I'm excited to see this palace of yours!