Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Thankimony

Once a month at church we have a fast and testimony meeting during sacrament (the first hour of our 3 hour block of church). It is a chance for members of the congregation to get up and share their testimony at the pulpit. It can be such a spiritual meeting, but sometimes it leaves me.... Ummm.... Underwhelmed?!?

One of Trevor's biggest pet peeves is when people get up and say what they are thankful for. That is not a testimony, he says. A testimony is when you get up and say what you KNOW. It isn't a "thank-i-mony" it's a testimony.

BUT... Guess what?!? This isn't church, it's my blog. It's also thanksgiving and a time to reflect on our blessings. Instead of discussing all the tasty dishes we ate at our 2 thanksgivings, I think I'll just have a Thankimony of my own!

*I'm beyond thankful for the man I married. For his good heart, his strong work ethic, for the great dad he is, and for always upholding his priesthood.
*I'm thankful for each time I have become pregnant, and that my body has carried the babies full term, and then safely delivered.
*Speaking of delivering babies, I am eternally grateful this last one was easier than the last!!!
*I'm grateful for my mom. For the constant lessons she has taught me. I would say the majority of any good parenting skills I have, have come from her. She's been a rockstar, as far as moms go.
*My in-laws I appreciate more and more each year. Besides raising my good husband, they are pretty great grandparents. I know without a doubt that they love my kids to pieces. They are also some of the most reliable people I know.
*I am proud, and glad to call myself a Mormon. When I think of all the decisions I've made in my life, I realize they are all tied to the teachings of my church. I'm so grateful for the knowledge and blessings I have because of the gospel.
*Despite having a current president that I did not vote for, I'm grateful we live in the United States where we CAN vote and choose our leaders.
 

I have so much to be thankful for. My list could go on for days. I need to take the time more often to recognize my blessings and to thank our Heavenly Father for them. 

I hope everyone else has as full of a heart as I do this year!

No comments: