Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I am 4!

Hey everyone, Brody Jay here.  I have been 4 for a whole six days now.  That pretty much makes me an expert on all things related to 4 year olds.  Before I really let you know how smart I am, let me tell you about my birthday last wednesday.

I woke up bright and early and as I wandered down my hallway I was met by streamers and a happy birthday sign.  It was pretty fun to run through them!  Once I did I saw a huge birthday sign and all kinds of party decorations hanging over the table.  It was so fun!  My Mommy must have put them up after I went to bed the night before.  She had said she wasn't going to do much, but it looked better than any of my other birthdays.  Silly mom.  She acts tough.....

Speaking of Mommy, she heard me and called out from her bed, "HEY Birthday BOY!  Come here!"  I ran into her room with a big smile on my face and she squeezed me tight and put me in the bed with her.  But guess what?  It wasn't just Mommy in the bed!  Daddy was home too!  Normally he's at work before I even wake up on Wednesday mornings, but he had taken the day off just to be with me!  I think that he must love me or something.  He squeezed me tight too.  All three of us laid in bed for a while talking about my big day until Ryder woke up.  Then it was time to start my birthday breakfast.

Ryder was almost more excited than me when he saw all the decorations up.  He had so much fun seeing everything.  Then both of us boys climbed up on the counter to help Mommy make some very yummy chocolate chip pancakes.  They are our favorite thing to have at breakfast.

After we ate, cleaned up, got dressed, and combed our hair Mommy and Daddy let me open a present from Ryder.  It was a really cool book, and a game!  We even sat down as a family and played one round of the game.  The real surprise was outside, though.  Mommy and Daddy went outside with the cameras and told me when I could come out.  When I walked out I couldn't believe my eyes!!!  I stood on the railing and what do you think I saw?  It was a bike!  My very first bike!  It was orange and just about the coolest thing I ever saw.  I climbed up and pretty quickly got the hang of pedaling.  It was the best.  I had to ride across the street to Laura's house just to show her!

The rest of the morning I was busy riding my bike, visiting both grandma's at their jobs and I even got a fountain soda at the store for our little cruise around town (I never get soda!).  My day got even better when Mommy and Daddy said I could have anything I wanted for lunch.  Of course I chose subway.  I love subway.  Maybe because there aren't very many options in my small town so eating there is like a big treat....The whole time we were in subway I even wore a party hat.  Well, I wore it almost the whole day, really.

We got home and their was a present someone had dropped off for me.  It was the game Operation, but it wasn't the regular Operation, it was Mater from Cars.  With this new game, the other game, and bike I was busy all afternoon playing.  I loved having both Mom and Dad home to play with me.  Ryder kinda got a little jealous, I think, with all the attention and gifts I got. 



Dinner was also my choice and I chose the mexican restaurant in town.  Then we hurried home because my grandparents, an aunt, and some of my uncles were coming over for CAKE!  When everyone got their I decided I wanted to open presents first.  When I opened my present from Grampa and Gramma I saw a helmet.  I shouted out, "Just what I needed!"  It was perfect for when I ride my bike.  I gave them hugs, said thank you, and went to my next present. 


 I had barely ripped off the first bit of wrapping paper when I yelled out, "THE LORAX!"  I had been wanting this movie, and not only did my Uncle Kade get for me, but he wrapped it in silver paper! (Everytime my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday I would just say a silver present, nothing more specific than that)  After giving him loves and saying thanks, I had one present left. 


I opened Red Gramma's gift and got a dream lite!  I have been seeing the infomercials for months and saying how much I wanted one.  When Mommy aked what it did, I told her, "It turns your childs bedroom into a starry night sky!"  Mommy and Daddy say I could be a spokesperson for dream lite, well, that and, that I have seen that commercial WAY too many times.  I thanked Red Gramma, gave her loves, and then had to find any dark room I could to try it out.



After all the cool gifts, I had to show off my bike skills (while sporting my new helmet) to everyone.  Then it was cake time.  Of course everyone took a million pictures of me with the cake.  Then everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and I blew out my candles.  I just loved my purple dinosaur with white and green polka dots.  It looked great and tasted good too. 
Everyone enjoyed their cake and visited for a while until they left.  By then, we were pretty tired from our busy day.  We got into pajamas and settled down on the couch to watch my new movie.  It was such a fun day, and all about me!  Mommy and Daddy say thats how it should be.  I think that they are right.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Sounds like a killer birthday to me! What more could a four year old want than lots of family time, an awesome cake, great presents, and a day for just THEM. I love that he straight up quote the infomercial. How awesome is that!? That is one studly little man you have on your hands there. How nice to spend it with so much of your family.

Mary Anne said...

*quoted* whoops...