Wednesday, February 09, 2011

January 6th, 2011

Not only have we started a new year, but something even more significant has happened in our life. Trevor and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. Its so hard to believe that the first 5 years of our eternity have come and gone.
What is there to say about the past 5 years? Well I remember thinking before we even got married that 5 years was a long time. When you hit 5 years you are no longer a newlywed. By 5 years you are a little more established in your marriage. By year 5 you probably have a mortgage(check 1 for us), a few kids (check 2), and have steady jobs (um, yep check 3).
I think 5 years ago we (well mostly me) probably looked a lot better. I think we were both void of gray hairs but Trevor has it running through all of his hair and I have recently discovered some single strands in mine! I also have not come out of the war each mother battles during pregnancy untouched....I was left with more than my fair share of battle wounds...muffin top, and many a zebra stripe (aka stretch marks). I didn't have some rockin' body 5 years ago, but it was definitely more rockin' then compared to now.
Our anniversary wasn't spent celebrating, or doing anything special because yet again Trevor was coaching. Points were earned though when flowers were sent to me even though he was traveling on a bus. However, I wouldn't trade in what we have or where we are in life for those early days. We have grown together as a couple. We've gone on trips and purchased vehicles. We've lived in 3 different homes but all in the same town. We've brought two awesome little boys into this world. We've laughed, cried, fought, and most of all we've loved.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

cute! i love it! 5 years does seem like a long time! Congrats!

Heather said...

Happy anniversary! i forget we got married really close together. Hope you have many more great years together!

Erin said...

Cute! Happy Anniversary to you guys! We are all old now, aren't we! It's so wierd.