Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Our Big Talker

Just a few months ago Brody was saying a few words. All of my friends that had daughters around the same time I had Brody said their girls were saying tons of things! Most of my friends with boys said just the opposite....their boys said only a few things.
Things have drastically changed at our house. We aren't just hearing a new word everyday, we are hearing like 4 or 5 new words a day. Sometimes, okay maybe a lot of the time, Brody says things that only mom and dad can understand because we're with him all the time. It can take a translator to understand what he wants at times. These are some of his current words that you may not understand at first:


gare = scare
dop it = stop it
cock = clock (this word usually makes Trevor die laughing for obvious reasons, but it gets even better when Brody adds word like nice or daddy so its something like this, "nice cock." Yeah, you know you're laughing too)
da-ee = daddy
dumpeen = jumping
tan-ee = candy
murning = burning

I tried to count all the words he's saying but I just can't keep up because he's learning so many new ones everyday. I'm pretty sure that we are up to 125 words if not more. The most exciting part of his talking is that he is grouping words together to try and form sentences. The not so fun part is having a bossy kid telling us what to do. If he thinks we are being too silly or he just doesn't like what we are doing he tells us to "dop it, mommy (or da-ee)." Then yesterday afternoon I guess I hadn't fed him enough because he yelled to me, "Mommy...eat!" I asked him if he was hungry and wanted something to eat and he said yeah and ran to the kitchen. Another funny thing he says now is when he sees a bug he'll tell it, "way, bug!" and wave his arm in the air. This means go away bug, and if I was the bug I would go away.

Of course there are sweet things he says too. When Trevor walks in the door after work Brody looks up at him and in the sweetest little voice will say, "hi da-ee!" It makes Trevor's day. I love when he says, "Bowie, happy!" translation = Brody's happy.

We still cannot get Brody to say anything we want him to say. I'm pretty sure he's capable of even more, but if he doesn't want to say something he's not going to. He chooses the words he says not us.

7 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

2-3 is such a fun age. They grow so much and go from baby to kid. Again, he is such a handsome little boy!

Bailey said...

He looks so grown up in those pictures. My Brody talked a lot and early...still does talk a lot. I think Rigden talks a lot and says so many things is because hes trying to over power big brother! i bet your second will be the same way.

Jaime said...

Seriously...SO cute. I love your translated words too!!

Zanny Poo said...

Isn't it so fun how much and how fast they are learning?

Lisa said...

I can't believe he is that big! WOW!!! it's crazy how fast they just grow like that! They can change so much in a month.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til casen is talking a little more, but he's picking up words faster these days too :) I love brody's pictures :)

Marcie Ashton said...

He is such a doll! I love your pictures of him.