Sunday, March 28, 2010

16 Week Appointment

With my first pregnancy I felt that I talked about it A LOT. It probably wasn't the most exciting thing for everyone else to read about, but we were so thrilled that it was hard to not want to talk about it.

Well, pregnancy number two isn't all that much different. I may not be gushing about everything, but I am just as thrilled. I cannot wait to cuddle a new little one. Brody still enjoys being held and loved on, but it usually lasts all of about 2.5 seconds before he's off and running.

I feel pretty awesome about now. Yay for second trimester. I'm also LOVING the very little to no heartburn that I have had this time around! I think I've only had maybe 3 tums altogether! That is a record compared to the Brodester's pregnancy.

My appointment went as routine as could be. We did finally get to hear a heartbeat!!! Its just taken a while. It was 144 beat per minute. I don't know if that is fast, slow, or right in the middle.

I believe that I have started to feel a few little flutters that are the nugget moving around. Its pretty exciting, because that is what I have looked most forward to with this baby.

Our next appointment (not telling when that is) we find out if whether 'it' is a boy or girl. I can't believe its almost time for that! It has gone by so fast. I feel about 99% sure that its a boy. Trevor thinks I'm wrong and that this baby is definitely a girl. What would we like to have? Well, truthfully we both would like a girl, but I just feel very strongly that it is a boy....maybe that is because we can't agree on a boy name, but we've had a girl's name picked out for like 3 years.

So anyone wanna guess??? Boy or Girl?

14 comments:

Jaime said...

BOY! Definately! lol

Heather said...

I say girl! there were things that were different with my pregnancies and i had a girl. thats what i am rooting for. but either way i know you will be happy.

K. Bitton said...

I think it's a girl:) That heart beat is a girls!!! Glad to hear all is going well!

The Ray Family said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog :) It was a blast and the family pictures I actually took. Amazing what tripods can do when you need to be in the photo lol

Heidi Joncas said...

I say a boy. But I hope you get a girl. They are so fun!

Ginny said...

i think its a boy!

Marcie Ashton said...

A boy would be fun for Brody. But I sure do like having my girls. (They are much better at cleaning the kitchen...)

Bailey said...

im torn, can't decide...you say boy, but i think you say boy, hoping really badly for a girl...

i guess i'll say boy!

Ben & Jessica said...

girl!

Lindsey said...

I am going to go opposite of what you thought...I am having the boy and you the girl!

Lisa said...

oh my goodness. i've been in my own world. congrats.

Kelsey and Dallas said...

ITS A BOY ITS A BOY!! then we will have boys together!...haha I dont even know if mine is a boy yet but I feel like its going to be. I love that u called it a nugget b/c thats what I call my stomach. Until I found out with it is I'm sure I'll continue to call it that. very excting :)

Erin said...

Oh my gosh Taytum... I can't believe I didn't call you either!!!!!! Seriously, my brain is nowhere to be found. Before I posted, I kept thinking "Is there anyone I really need to call before this goes public?" I really only told our families and then spaced out about calling friends. Anyway, I suck.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I say Girl!