Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Life Before Baby

All the time I hear people say things like, "We don't know what we did with ourselves before (insert baby's name here) came into our lives." I never knew how true that would ring until I had my own kid. Every aspect of our life has been invaded with baby stuff! Even my blog that used to be funny and sarcastic has become more like a shrine of our little Brody. I really don't mind it all. I'm sorta glad that our world revolves around this sweet little guy, but every once in a while I feel like there is not one drop of me left for myself!
What does that mean exactly? Well, it means that my blog used to be fun and people commented, now its all about Brody everytime and no one ever comments....which then (this is so lame of me...)makes me occasionally pull out the pity card and think, "I have no friends anymore!" It also means that everytime we go to the store we get more excited about buying clothes for Brody than just about anything else there is to buy. And lastly-and this is my favorite thing of all-

It means not even going pee in privacy! If the door happens to get shut all the way we get to listen to a very upset little boy that feels extremely left out. He then sticks his face and hand as far under the door as possible. Instead of being annoyed that you can't even go to the bathroom in a little bit of piece and quiet you end up laughing and this face pressed against the floor peering out at you.
When we went to the valley for Spenser's wedding I decided to take a bath (something that NEVER happens, almost always showers), and apparently I didn't close the door all the way because pretty soon the door flings open and here comes the Brodester. Yep he decided to come for a visit. I just figured that rather than climbing out to get him out I'd just let him stay. This was all fine and dandy as Brody reached over the edge and splashed my water a little, but then he decided to be a little more brave. Brody began to hitch his leg over the side and join me. I gently pulled his fully clothed body out before it really got in. Before I knew it, Brody dove head first in the water! My legs caught him so he didn't completely crash, and it could have been worse.
Brody wins again. No privacy for mom, and he ended up getting stripped down and in the bath like he wanted all along.

10 comments:

Heather said...

All of that is so true. i can never pee in peace, i always know that he coming right behind me. i just gave up and leave it open now. i feel the same way about the blog no one comments anymore and it makes me feel sad that no one cares. not much we can do. well even though life with baby is sometimes hard it is worth it. especially that cute little face underneath the door. that was too cute.

Tyler and Naomi said...

I know what you mean about the blog commenting thing. I think that it is because people are to busy on facebook, because my favorite blogs to read are the ones with the pictures and story about their children. That picture of him looking underneath the door is so cute!

Amy J said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am in such a habit of leaving the bathroom door open during the day to avoid the fight Payton puts on if I shut it, that at night Dannon always says "Don't you ever close the door?"...and now she's tall enough to reach the handle and will throw a fit if I lock it. Baths are my favorite night time ritual now that I'm pregnant and I can rarely take one in peace without her wandering in and splashing around or trying to climb in.

Ah, the life of a mom. :) Sorry I'm a slacker on commenting these days. I still love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Taytum!!! Can I just copy and paste this post to my blog? Haha!! Seriously! I totally get the whole no one comments. I got sad for a little then I said forget it I will be nice and continue to let people openly read about my life but I decided I am finally just blogging for my journaling purposes and not for others. So I am writing for my memories and not for others entertainment! So try feeling more that way and I think it will help you! Make sense? Well I always read your blog and don't comment cause i don't feel my comments ever really matter to be honest! That's why I never comment on anyones blogs. Well I love little brodester! He is a doll! My nephews name is Brody and so I love that name. I try to not get annoyed about the crying and crazy times of life as a mom and just smile and laugh and it makes the hard times alot less hard and sometimes pretty funny! Hope all is well!! Keep blogging, I am a faithful reader!!!!
Lisa

Julie said...

Yeah, I pretty much don't even shut the door anymore when it's just Kaitlyn and I because she always opens it! I think people probably like me don't comment because I usually quickly hop blogs while I have time and figure others will comment. But I don't get comments on my every day stuff either. :)

Shepherds said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel girl!! :0) Kyson has taken over our house. Every corner in the house has a toy for him. Our coffee table has those guards just incase he falls and hits a corner. lol Just know that I may not have time to comment but I do always read!! *hugs*

The Lovell's said...

lol...I love the under the door picture...awesome! If it makes you feel any better...we don't get comments either :)

Monica said...

I love his cute little head smashed against the floor!!! One of these days we'll get to pee all alone and it will be kind of sad. I think???

Whitney said...

i just love you.. that little Brody is so stinkin cute!

Marcie Ashton said...

Hate to break it to you....I have teenagers and still, they try to bust into my room at all the wrong times. The minute I think that I'm going to lay down and watch TV or take a bath, I'm suddenly the most exciting person in the family.