Thursday, May 21, 2009

The R.M.

Well, he's not preparing for a mission, or on a mission, Elder Garner is actually a RETURNED MISSIONARY!!!!
Agghhhh! We are so excited to have this guy home! Two years seemed like such a long time, but it has really gone by fast.
At Spenser's last testimony meeting, he said it was just really emotional and everyone was crying. He was the second to last to get up, and he thought that it shouldn't be so sad. So as he got up in Portugese he said to everyone that he knew that he would have to give his all, but he didn't realize that included his hair! Everyone cracked up and he helped to lighten the mood. So is he different? Well, I would have to say that yes, he does have a little less hair, he speaks with an accent after two solid years of only speaking Portugese (minus the four times he called during the two years), and he is a LOT more spiritual....but mostly...he's still my little brother! He's the same Spenny as always.We love you, and are so proud to say that you Returned With Honor.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

WOW! It seems like yesterday I was on the plane with him when he left. Tell him not to worry, Boyd lost his hair too and bald is sexy!

Lindsey said...

OK, just had to tell you I had THE dorkiest moment EVER when I read this. I am reading, and I was thinking, "Wow, Garner is really familiar, where do I know that name? (not remembering Waite is your married name)" I guess that is what happens when you blog surf after midnight : )

Creative Corner said...

That is so cool! i can not wait to seem him. I can not believe it has been two years. He looks handsome as ever!

Bailey said...

happy birthday. i don't have your number...i got a new phone and lost all my contacts...call me.

Ben & Jessica said...

yay! It just makes me more excited for Joel to come home! 19 days!

Kelsey and Dallas said...

yay! thats so awesome he's home...its the best having the whole fam together! hope youre doin well....we'll see ya the 24th! :)

Marcie Ashton said...

It was so nice to hear him talk in our ward. He really is one of those guys who truly excelled and committed to his mission. He has great things ahead of him. Syd was just glad to have her old basketball coach back :)