Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Little Explorer

Brody will get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth, but the actual crawling is a complete mystery to him. The art of the army crawl, however, has been perfected by Brody. He can get just about anywhere. He may not exactly be the next Christopher Columbus, but he is definitely exploring his own surroundings quite a bit these days.If Trevor and I turn around for even half a second, Brody is off. Every little thing can easily be spotted and if he can, Brody will stick it in his mouth. Brody has also figured out that if he pulls on the bumpers in his crib he can see over them. He does it to see if we are in the room. Each day he likes his crib more and more. Sometimes he doesn't even cry when he wakes up. I'll hear this banging noise, so I go into Brody's room and he has his feet propped up on the back of the crib just banging away. He is just getting too smart.
Whenever Brody gets caught getting into something he turns and looks at us with a big smile on his face like, "What Mom? I'm just looking..." It is so funny. For the most part I let him get into just about everything he wants because I think its good for him to figure out things around him, but there are a few times that I have to tell him no. His reaction to the no is even more funny. I don't know how he can know at such a early age that he is in trouble, but he knows. I don't yell or anything I just firmly tell him, "Brody no-no." He gets this big huge frown on his face and he'll maybe even whimper or cry. That is really hilarious.Everyone has always told Trevor and I to enjoy our kid before he starts to get into everything, and I have to say, I kind of enjoy him getting into everything. Maybe I'll start to go crazy after a while, but I think its fun to watch Brody learning and trying to figure out things like the handles on the cabinets. It has yet to bug me and my OCD ways. I really feel like each day he gets more and more fun.






I love love love seeing Brody grow!

9 comments:

Danilee and Kaden said...

Brody is getting so big, I cant believe he is already crawling. Kaden isnt quite there yet, cant wait to see him get there.

Chantel said...

So cute!! Can you believe he is almost crawling. They grow so quickly.

Lindsey said...

HOW CUTE IS HE?!?!?!?!?! What a fun little personality!

Erin said...

That is such a fun age. It's exciting to see them get their little bodies all over the place. Brody is growing up so fast! It's hard to believe that it was just a few months ago that we had these little babies.

Unknown said...

Edmund did the army crawl till he was 10 months old! I have found I really don't like the comment about enjoying them now because of .....whatever. My goal was to enjoy every stage so that I wouldn't regret missing it. Every day of getting to know them is greater and greater :-)

K. Bitton said...

It is so fun to see them grow! Grace did the army crawl too. He is so cute and so big!! It seems like you just had him, times goes by way too fast!

Jaime said...

FUN age. At every age I think it's my favorite and then they get to another one and I think that's my favorite etc. He is so cute!

Bailey said...

i love his age! hes so cute taytum. please please don't forget to call me tomorrow...

Joey & Tiffanye said...

How cute is he?! I can't believe how fast he is growing! Arent all these new stages so fun!