Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Amateur Photography

Once upon a time I liked to think of myself as someone that had an "eye" for taking pictures. This is not the case anymore. It seems like everyone and their dog has become practically professionals....okay, maybe that's a bit extreme. Seriously though, I just think that its not that I have an "eye" for photography, I just can point the camera in the right direction, and occasionally I surprise myself with a fairly decent photo. I also think that more and more people are using photoshop for their pictures, and since I don't have a computer at home, I just don't have the time to do that. I wish I did because you can take a pretty good picture and make it a pretty awesome picture. Lately I use our digital camera to shoot pictures, but I truthfully love my old tried and true Cannon 35mm Rebel camera. There is such a difference between pictures I take on it than on the ones I take with the digital.
A while back I found a roll of black and white film that I hadn't used so I decided to have a day of taking pictures of Brody. I finished off the roll pretty fast, but I have taken forever to get it developed.
Until now....
I have to say, even without any touch ups, some of these pictures have really come out well.
Then again, maybe its just that the subject was so dang cute that how could they not?

6 comments:

Amy J said...

I feel the same way sometimes, I like to say that I just need a better camera, but really I think I just don't have "an eye" for it. These pictures are too cute though!

Heidi Joncas said...

Whatever my dear! You do have an eye for it. I love your talent so much I used you for my wedding. And I totally agree with you and all the "professional" photographers out there. Just because you have a nice camera and can use photo shop doesn't mean you are a photographer.
These are cute. I especially like the second picture.

Lindsey said...

I am so impressed!!!! I could MAYBE get my pictures to look that good with some SERIOUS editing!!!

Erin said...

Those are so cute! I love the 2nd and 3rd ones. Good job.

Lisa said...

Those pictures are awesome I dont know what you're talking about!! I have that dream. Someday I want to be good at taking pictures.

Mary Anne said...

these are so cute! i love b/w film. you did a great job capturing brody. i look at my pictures from my class i took in high school and there is just something different about b/w film. i'm one of those wannabes you are probably talking about, but i know what you mean that it seems like everyone and their mother is a photographer nowadays. sometimes it bothers me too.