Thursday, November 15, 2007

In the News

Every week the 7th graders have an assignment to find a current event in the world or U.S. (depending on the week) and write a summary on it along with a few other questions. It is really a simple grade, unless you are a 7th grader and you still aren't very good at navigating the internet. To help with their plight I usually go online and print off a few articles. They then can pick one they like and just worry about the summary and the questions.

This week I found a love story about a New York guy. I guess he was riding the subway when he saw the girl of his dreams writing in her journal. He tried to find her when they got off the subway, but in the hustle and bustle of everything she was lost in the crowd. He turned to the internet for help. He created a website to try and find her. He drew a picture of her, posted his phone number and email and then asked people to pass on the website to anyone they could. He got all sorts of feedback! People were overloading his inbox with messages like, "I'm not the girl you're looking for, but I think you are adorable...pick me instead."
Finally a girl found it, and knew that it was her friend. She emailed this guy, Patrick with a picture and her confirmed that it was her! Talk about finding a needle in a haystack.

For those of you that are a little on the cynnical side you are probably thinking, "what a freak!" but for those of you that are a romantic at heart like myself you'll think this is the ultimate romantic gesture. I checked out the website and thought it was pretty funny. The site is posted below for all of you to see. When it uploads the top part will say that he found her, but the bottom is the original picture he drew. Way to cute!

http://www.nygirlofmydreams.com/

10 comments:

Amy J said...

That's too cute! Makes you wonder if all the work he went through was worth it!

Bailey said...

I have to say, it is a little creepy, but also cute at the same time. The website made me giggle a little. Crazy what you can find online huh!

K. Bitton said...

That is such a cute story! I love it! And I like being a romantic! It's fun!! :)

Joey & Tiffanye said...

That is such a cute story! I love the website. I wonder how it all turned out!

Ben & Jessica said...

haha that was cute

ms said...

ok, that is insane. the internet is amazing, and holy cow, that is a gutsy man. the website it awesome.

Jaime said...

Gonna have to check it out! And I hope I haven't spelled your name wrong! :)

Erin said...

SO WHAT HAPPENED?? Hate it when I don't know the ending.

Kachelle said...

Hey! so koe passed on your message. how are you! how's married life? please don't judge my blogg, i totally suck at this! it's getting better with the help of koe the super blogger!

Anonymous said...

hello! commenting back to your comment to me on teh team...Yes, Kyle has told me everything, plus my mother, and I think it's just amazing andyou're right...it totally has to do with those things. Truthfully, there aren't that many "true" football players on the team, and only a handful or so of actual athletes, it really is who they are off the field and what they've been doing that makes them as good as they are. They are being blessed for their actions and hearts!